As expected, Xiaomi announced this morning its new phablet Xiaomi Mi Max 2, characterized as last year's version by a huge 6.44-inch screen, as well as a really huge battery. On stage for the presentation of this large smartphone, presided over Lei Jun, he showed all the features that we will summarize below.
Technical specifications of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Display: 6.44 inches Full HD, 450 nit, 72% NTSC color gamut.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with Adreno 506 GPU.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal memory: 64/128 GB expandable (with microSD up to 128 GB).
- Rear camera: 12 megapixels SonyIMX386, PDAF, 13:25 pixels, f/2.2, 4K @ 30 fps video recording.
- Front camera: 5 megapixels, f/2.0, shooting angle of 85°.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (micro nano+), LTE, Wi-Fi AC (dual band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C.
- Battery: 5300 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 and parallel charging (68% in one hour of battery charging).
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6 mm.
- Weight: 211 grams.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is placed in the mid-range of the market, an increasingly difficult place. On the one hand we have, in fact, the screen and the battery parameters in a higher place than average range, even with a camera of a certain level. But, on the other hand, we find a processor not too powerful.
The body of the device is made entirely of metal, and the arrangement of the bands for the antennas will remind some models of competition. The rear camera, for its part, uses the same main sensor seen in the Xiaomi Mi6, and promises good shots in the dark and HDR for video.
By turning the phablet horizontally, the sound becomes stereo, using the headset as the second speaker, for further immersion in games and videos. In addition, it is also equipped with an infrared port, to control the television and other devices as if it were a remote control. Finally, highlight the presence of the fingerprint reader in the back.
Release date and price
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 will be available for purchase in the coming weeks and will go on sale in China for 1,699 yuan, about 220 € for the model with 64 GB of storage. The price of the 128 GB version is 1,999 yuan, about 260 €. These are common figures in China, although quite small for Europe. In theory, yes, it will relate to our market, where import costs will increase the final price to around 300 €.